One of the questions we hear most frequently is, “What’s the difference between a Classic and a Precision DIY bumper kit?” — so, in this blog, we’re here to answer all your Classic vs. Precision Series bumper questions. While both of these bumper series are strong, sleek, and versatile, there are a few slight differences that make each one unique.
Our Classic Series bumpers, the original MOVE DIY bumper kits, have stood the test of time, proving to be just as popular today as they were when they debuted. All of our Classic bumpers are made with 3/16 inch steel, so no matter how you customize yours, the strength and protection is always there.
One of the best parts of the Classic Series is how customizable these bumpers are. While Precision Series bumpers offer consistent features, like their sharp, angular lines, the Classic can be customized in many different ways, from full grill options, to off-road features such as winch mounts, to our logo placement.
THE CLASSIC SERIES FRONT BUMPER KIT AT A GLANCE:
- 3/16 inch plate steel
- ½ inch plate clevis hooks
- Options for 20” light bar cutout, 30” light bar cutout, or no light bar cutout
- Options for 2 wing light holes per side, 1 wing light hole per side or no wing light holes
- Optional off-road upgrade which includes upgraded center section (¼ inch plate steel, ¼ inch frame mounts and ¾ inch plate clevis hooks), and winch mount options
- Option to move logo to bottom right of bumper
- Classic Series DIY bumper kits offered are: Classic Front, Classic Rear, Classic 1.5” Prerunner, Classic 2.5” Prerunner, Classic Square Force Prerunner, Classic Tubular Sport Prerunner, and the Classic Full Grill
The Precision Series, on the other hand, may offer less options for customizations, but has its own unique qualities — mainly, a leaner and more edgy, angular, and sporty look that’s custom to this particular bumper series. In regard to the Precision Series, we like to say “less is more;” and we translate that more to mean.. a little more badass, a little more sexy, and just as tough.
THE PRECISION SERIES FRONT BUMPER KIT AT A GLANCE:
- 3/16 inch plate steel bumper
- ½ inch plate clevis hooks with 1 inch hole or optional ¾ inch plate with 1.5X2.25 hole for multiple attachments (tow straps, chains, hooks)
- Options for 20 inch light bar cutout, 30 inch light bar cutout, or no light bar cutout
- Options for light pockets on wings or no light pockets on wings
- Precision Series DIY bumper kits offered are: Precision Front, Precision Rear, Precision 1.5” Prerunner, Precision 2.5” Prerunner, Precision Square Force Prerunner, and the Precision Tubular Sport Prerunner
While we love both of these DIY bumper series, they do each come with their own set of highlights to compare and contrast. Check out how both of these bumpers looks on our happy customers’ trucks — or explore more examples in our Photo Gallery. The good news: no matter which series you choose, you really can’t go wrong!
Precision Series - photo cred @project_redbeauty
Classic Series - photo cred @whiterhino_08_